View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 12:01

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default OMG! Awesome WO, plus confession.

I had the most awesome work out of my life last night! Lower body - did leg press (160), calf raise (345), leg ext (90), leg curl (80), abductors (120), adductors (140). 3 to 5 sets each, 8-10 reps, all Cybex/Nautilus. I have never worked so hard, felt so strong or been so jazzed afterward. I was high for hours! I'm hitting failure somewhere in the 3rd to the 5th set, and when I get to where I can make it into the fifth set, I up the weights next time. My take on weights (I'm a newb right now, but I did this 10 years ago, too) has always been that if I'm not weak-kneed, shaking and walking like a drunk by the time I'm done, I'm doing it wrong. Sounds masochistic, but if you'll forgive the bluntness, the only thing better is sex!

So, now for the confession....

Ok, my lifting has been pretty darn good, especially for a 'chick' and a newbie. (I'm not trying to knock women, but in general we just don't know much about lifting, and when most women lift, they go for lighter weights and endless reps.) BUT, my eating has been woefully half-a$$ed. I wasn't cheating, but my mindset was Atkins Induction M-F, eat whatever I want on Fri night and Sat. (Uh oh, now that I see that in print, I guess it could be considered cheating afterall. ) I pretty much kept carbs under 30, but sometimes my protein was only 60 grams, sometimes my cals were only 1500. Carb up days - I mangled those too. Too much fat, not enough calories, no good understanding of how this is really supposed to work. *bonks self on the head*

Last week was the first time I printed out the Petrizzi sheets. And then I MADE myself follow them. Sometimes it meant choking down 8 oz of cream cheese at dinner because my fat was low(gotta get a good oil, I'm drowning in dairy) and chewing meat til my jaw hurt. The first 4 days SO sucked, but by yesterday, the planning was better and I feel fantastic. Tons of energy, strength to spare and that WO I said was so awesome? It was a Thurs evening LBWO - when CKD is supposed to suck. Consider my lesson well learned!

Ok, if you guys are going to beat me with wet noodles, please wait a few hours til carb up begins.

Cheers,

Friday
Sponsored Links