View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 08:21

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I speak up now. At first I was real careful who I told and how. I don't use the word Atkins...which I've never really been on. But I tell folks I'm eating low carb. I tell them I've sworn off sugar and flour, potatoes and rice. I eat more meat, eggs and vegies. That puts it in simple enough terms that they can understand. As for my family, I've actually bought them books and cookbooks to read. I've always been the FAT one. But both sister and brother have a weight problem now...not as much as me tho. I think if you can get someone to read a book about low carbing, it all makes sense. I let friends borrow my books. But some people don't have time to read. They just want you to explain how to do it.

I love imagining Wail letting into someone. I enjoy this forum because of all the knowledgeable folks on board. We are not doing this in an uneducated fashion. The world is just starting to realize that it may be the answer. There is so much propaganda for low fat out there. The term brainwashing comes to mind.

I think the proof is in the doing. I've lost 70 lbs. in the year I've been doing low carb. My blood work is great. My blood pressure is like it was when I was in my 20's. Mind you I never had much trouble with my BP or cholesterol...but if this WOE was bad for you, it would have changed for the worse. My BP was up before LC, but not to where they would notice it. But I did. It was 136/89 or something like that and now it's a consistant 120/70. So it's back to how it used to be. And I'm still quite overweight. So it's not because I'm thin already.

Tickie,
It's wonderful that your doctor is supportive. Who cares about the narrow minded skinnie minnies. Victoria