View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 05:55

Plan: low carb
Stats: 146/132/130
BF:
Progress: 88%

Hi Kmarie [I posted a detailed reply to this question over in your journal.]
After reading most of the well-known low carb books, I struggled with 'the plan' question. For quite a while, I felt guilty that I was doing exceptionally well without one! I knew I was better off finding my own way, especially since in my crazed, 3 decade yo-yoing dieting past, 'plan' meant numbers, counting, binging, obsessing, back to counting, planning, and more obsessing over numbers and figures..... All the while I ALWAYS managed to gain the weight back when I went off or even veered off the dreaded 'plan.'

When I was still obsessed and fixated on 'being on a low carb plan' my head spun when I contemplated:
-Atkins pushes those disgusting mixes and bars and is so limited on fruit
-Protein Power has too many numbers and figures and calculations Eerie and disturbing reminders of my 'low-fat-count-everything' days.
-Carb Addicts permits a wild anything-goes meal--would be my downfall, as there are certain foods I must avoid completely and I can't afford to go near certain carb trigger foods, including all grains.
-Paleo does not permit dairy
-Schwarzbein calls coffee and alcohol POISON etc. etc. etc.

So here I am , six months later and almost at goal. My "plan" is to eat MY low carb way for the rest of my life. I found what works for me and reading this forum every day has been a tremendous help. I also regularly refer to my low carb books for recipe ideas and carbs counts and other info.