#7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 18:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 68.4/71.0/61
BF:
Progress: -35%
Default Sugar addiction

Wow, reading this thread today has been really interesting. I too am HUGELY addicted to sugar and have been for ages. I tried Atkins over the summer (I am in Australia and in the middle of winter) and did really well. In February I fell in love and started eating and drinking much more than usual, the diet went right out the window. I have now put on 6 kilos (I have no idea what that is in pounds) and am desperately trying to motivate myself to get back to LC'ing.

My biggest downfalls are sugar and Diet Coke (DC). I drink 2 litres of water a day but can easily have 6 cans of DC as well. On top of that, not a day goes by when I don't have something sweet. Unfortunately unlike my friends who seem to have will-power to stop after 2 or 3 lollies, I feel the need to eat the whole packet. I only stop because the pack is empty, otherwise I would keep going. It doesn't matter if I am full or not, if they are there I will eat them. Sometimes I do it so sub-consciously that I don’t realize I have eaten so much until the packet is empty.

Today I am taking a big step (recommended to me by a friend) and going to see a hypnotist to help me stick to the Atkins diet and stay away from sugar. I hope that by doing these things in conjunction, I am giving myself my best chance. Has any one else had successes using a hypnotist? I fell embarrassed going to this extreme but I know how much happier I will be when I lose the weight and need to use all the tools in the kit that I can find.

Wish me luck....