#47   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 17:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Love, Light, Healing, Peace

Quote:
Lori-Jo: I agree that people should not abuse a-deps. Believe me, my reasons were not frivolous. ...... The Effexor takes the edge off things, which is fine for me right now. ........ right now I am coping the way I need to.

I do believe you. I was not in any way being critical - please don't read it that way. Without drugs was MY choice - that does not mean it needs to be yours.

I whole heartedly agree with SHORT-TERM use of ante-depressants to help tide one over a difficult period. What you describe is most definitely a VERY painful, stressful, sudden-shock situation. I am very glad that you are taking care and doing whatever you need to do to help you cope with the situation. I was feeling sick and ill for a couple of weeks after 9/ll (read my journal entries around that time). I did not even know anyone personally so I can't imagine what it must be like for you.

Garrison, it restores my faith in humanity when I hear that some people's experiences of the Mental Health System have been good.

Take care,