#3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 16:44

Plan: my own??
Stats: 155/155/130 Female 5'7
BF:25/20/16
Progress: 0%
Default I know what sagging skin is all about

Hi there,

Congrats on losing weight and getting healthier!! You'll find low carbing quite a wonderful way of boosting your healtha nd weightloss efforts.

Let me tell my story... so as to answer the sagging skin question.

When i was 17 (i'm now 25) i went on a low fat diet and really got into excercising and incorporating an active lifestyle . I went from being an overweight 230 pound teenager to a fit energetic one in about a year. I went down to 130 pounds--- thats 100 pounds lost!!!!! i lost a whole person! The change was dramatic, emotionally and physically. I had more confidence and felt a hell of alot more attractive but i was left with alot of stretch marks, and loose skin around my lower abdomen i still have it, less of course because i have really gotten into shape, put on muscle and am a personal fitness trainer by profession. Skin is not muscle. You must remember that. You can firm up skin. Once skin is stretched it will not go back to its original shape. Muscle however can be toned and strengthened through excercise, especially weight training. But Excercise will not tone up loose skin.

I get frustrated sometimes when i see the loose skin on my lower belly. I have spoken with several cosmetic surgeons. They explained how skin once stretched does not go back to its original state. They have reccomended i wait till I have my children before getting a tummy tuck. I don't have alot of skin hanging , but i do have some with some very noticeable stretch marks.

I didn't loose my weight fast.. i took a full year and 3 months to lose it. I hope this helps or clarifies things for you. Its hard to swallow, but losing the weight is the best thing I did. I would never go back. I TELL my clients " See these stretch marks --they are my battle scars, its proof anyone can lose weight if they try and incorporate a healthy lifestyle!" take care and keep low carbing

Piera