Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 20:29
Registered Member

Plan: alittle of this, and alittle of that
Stats: 162/152/125
BF:dont know
Progress: 27%
Smile welcome!!!!

hi oreosmama!!
i have "met" so many nice people at this site. they are so helpful and friendly. you will like it here.
presently, the glucophage is ripping me up. i have had the flu while on it, and after that, severe diarrhea. the doctor just told me , to go off of it for a day, and then start back up, but at only 1 dose a day, instead of 2. if i am still having trouble i am to call her. so, i may not be able to keep taking it. i have a sensitive stomach, and it doesnt seem to like it. i like the fact that it helps suppress my appetite though. i am sure, they will find something that will work for me. she told me that by lowering my insulin, this should help my ovaries ovulate better, hence get my cycle regular, and then maybe be able to lose weight, and stop having the side effects of PCOS. thats why i am not taking the pill. it gives me migraines, and other side effects, so i am trying this approach first. she did tell me though, that they put you on the pill, to up your female hormones, and make your eggs more fertile. then when they take you off of it,and give you clomid, it is to help make your eggs really "ready". if you ask me, the "pill" has caused these problems(pcos), in some of us, to begin with. i never had these problems, until i took the BC pill, and then went off of it. i think it really screwed my system up.
i feel really good on the LCing. i have more energy, and i am able to sleep better. before, i had really bad insomnia. i wish i would have tried this years ago!!! we have diabetes in our family too. plus, heart disease. i feel i need to LC for my future health. i gained weight on low fat. but on the LCing, i have lost in the past. so, hopefully this is for me!! it all makes so much sense to me now, and all that i read, really seems to fit with my family and people i know. so, time will tell. take care and good luck!!!
ttyl,
paige17257