View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 18:59

Plan: Low carb low fat
Stats: 155/152/135
BF:
Progress: 15%
Smile

I am new to this forum, so bare with me. I am almost 30 and have had thyroid problems since 1992. I had 80% of my thyroid removed in 1993 and have been on synthroid since then with no trouble. I was married and tried to have babies with no luck. I have PCO and real recently found out i am IR. Diabetes runs strongly in my family on both sides. For my IR my endocrinologist put me on Actos 30mg. I have been on BC pills for the last several years since I am divorced now. The reason my doctor put me back on them in the first place was I don't ovulate on my own. When I was trying to get pregnant I took Clomid with horrible side effects.
I am trying to LC, and just started since I have been gaining weight around the middle with no luck losing it. I have no energy, and I seem to have brain fog most of the time. Since I started cutting down on my carbs, I have noticed that I can remember things much better and my energy level has skyrocketed!!! Good luck to you. I have tried glucophage with no luck, it tore me up. But I have alot of friends that absolutely love it. It is an incredible drug if you can handle the side affects.

I also have a diabetic consultant that is in my family and she recommended the book 40/30/30. She said that it is very healthy and works wonders for losing weight. I need to lose about 20 or so.
I am wondering if this dose of Actos 30 and my LC and exercizing might help me ovulate and have regular menses?

I will know in a couple of weeks, I guess.

Oreosmama