View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 08:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/147/130 Female 5 ft 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 57%

Just because a doctor is in family practice doesn't mean he can't adequately treat your thyroid. My doctor has done a fine job for me, and it took many months to get the the right meds and dosages. The nearest endocronologist is more than 2 hours from me. There is no magic pill or diet. Once your levels and in "normal" range weight loss will be a bit easier but it's not going to happen by itself. It takes paying attention to portion control as well as what you eat and moderate exercise to get the weight off and keep it off. You should limit carbs, soy, and raw broccoli, raw cauliflower and raw cabbage. Avoid all white sugars and flour and products containing them. At my highest I was 350 pounds - I lost 195 pounds and have never felt better. I have problems with severe asthma and have to go on steroids periodically...then the pounds appear overnight. Once I'm off the steroids, I have to work to get them back off. But I do it. There is a lot of good information on the net but there is a lot of misinformation as well.