#4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 00:55
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 287/198/135
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Hi there!

I think you can pretty much eat anytime you want, no real issues with not eating after a certain time. But, as said, no ketchup on your burger

You can also check out the Atkins website, do a yahoo search and you'll find it. They list more of the "rules" in detail for induction. My personal opinion is the biggest deal is not to cheat, at all, for the first two weeks. It really helps to do it like that. After the first two weeks, you can start adding stuff back, watching what sort of reactions/addictions you might have to certain foods. For example, with me it's anything sweet, artifically sweetened or not, I start eating it and I want more and more and more. Right now I have a bowl of SF jello instant chocolate pudding in the refrigerator, made it with cream. It's absolutely wonderful and I think it was a total of 10 carbs for 1/2 cup. That's pretty high, but I hadn't eaten any carbs for the day, well, minimal carbs, had 2 hard boiled eggs and some hot wings. I ate the pudding, 1/2 a cup and put it away. I knew I had to put it away. 20 minutes later I was rooting around in the freezer for some low carb ice cream I made and ate some of that. Sugar, fake or not, is a trigger food for me and makes me want more and more.

Best of luck to you and your woman. Try to support each other in dieting and not cheating. (Personally, it's much easier to cheat on the diet when there's another one who goes along with the "oh, a little bit won't hurt you ) Hubby and I do very well with the eating part of the diet, but we haven't been able to motivate one another to do much in the way of exercise!

Best of luck to you!