Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 18:21
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Phill,

"All that protein and animal fat is very bad."
I have good news for you, mate. Saturated fat is only "bad" when eaten with starches and sugars. The only really bad fats are trans or hydrogenated fats, as found in margarine and commercially baked goods.

And your kidneys? They'll be fine, too. Do you know how many cases of kidney failure have been reported as being directly caused by low carbing? Zero, zilch, not one!

For any one else reading this thread, I'd like to stress just how important it is to do some reading on low carbing. That way you won't be frightened by the low carb lobbyists who, out of ignorance, continue their scare campaign agains low carbing.

Phill, perhaps if you were to actually read Dr Atkins' latest book, you might be less worried about the long term effects.

It may also help to check out some of the research in favour of low carbing. Have a look at the Research/Media Watch sub forum here. There is also a lot of info from which you will gain considerable insight in the Research Summaries section of Dr Atkins' website.

I hope that helps to remove some of your worries.

Happy low carbing!

Rosebud