View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 10:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Hi Danwoody...

I have experimented with many different anti depressants yes...but I am not an expert by any means...It is my doctor that suggests I try different ones...

I have a tendancy to suffer depression as well as anxiety...so what works for one person will not work for another...

Because you suffer from both of those as well...why don't you ask your doctor about Amatriptaline (sp). Taken at night in a very mild dose helped me with sleeping, and with anxiety as well...I am not currently taking anything. Altho...my GP did put me on Effexor just about a month ago...I was on it for 1 week...then went to see the doctor that is supervising my WL program...and he told me I should not be taking it as it will make me gain. Usually, I suffer only mild depression...altho I have been severely depressed in the past...the last couple of years has only been mild...and I find that talking to a therapist the greatest solution FOR ME . Like I said before...we are each different...and our bodys and spirits need different meds or solutions. I don't personally think that just taking a pill can cure us...and that is not meant to offend anyone in anyway...because God knows...I know that it is an imbalance...and not just in our heads... but just taking medication, IMHO masks the problem...we need to discuss with someone what is going on for us...we need to learn to deal with out situations...and learn coping skills.

I hope that I have helped in some way. I only ever state what has worked for me...we are all individual...and all have our own fears and issues.