View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 10:00

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 191/152/155
BF:
Progress: 108%
Wink Words of Caution!

I am glad to see some words of caution in Voyager's last post. Most people will get that 2 minutes of sun through normal activity even with sunscreens. Sunscreens only delay the burn according to the SPF number. I use Coppertone Sport 48. After many years of hating the feel of sunscreens or the smells I found this one. It goes on great, dries super quick - non-oily. It is PABA free and Hypoallergenic for sensitive skin. My wife uses it and she has sensitive skin - no problems. Does have a fragrence added which is one of my big beefs. I don't want to smell like I am at the beach during work. This product smells but not too strong. Best prices I found at Wall Mart. Also I wear a Indiana Jones explorer hat all the time outside. have three of them - keep one in the car. take one on business trips. Check out POP Hats online. They have several styles of wide brimed Sun Hats. Be very wary of diet doctors giving advice about sun exposure. Unfortunately the damage is done early and the problems come later. My doctor can take special picture and show the sun damaged skin - very scary. You will not even know the effects until later. I can't scare you all enough! How about go to your local good Dermatologist. Sit in the waiting room and talk to all the people in there about their problems. It is a wake up call!