View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 08:56

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 317/309/160 Female 5 FT. 9 IN.
BF:
Progress: 5%

With some people, internal yeast infection can cause psoriasis to be flared. It is NOT the cause of psoriasis, but more a complication of the condition. I was given oral tablets to control the growth of yeast in my intestines for several months. It did absolutly nothing at all. I have also lost considerable weight in the past.... 126 pounds to be exact. It had no bearing on my psoriasis. However, that was not on a low carb WOE so I can't speak for that. You can get psoriasis on any part of you body...even in the mouth. There are also different forms of psoriasis... however, all are cause by the overgrowth of the skin cells. When the posriasis is extrememly itchy....expecially on the scalp or folds of skin, inner ears, etc... then sometimes a doctor will prescribe oral yeast medication to see if it will help. In my case... it never has.
I'm sorry to be so discouraging Kim, but you know... so much in medical science is unknown. I say anything is possible. IF this WOE does end up seeming to help, then please post it here for others to know, and I will certainly do the same. Another factor that can make psoriasis worse is stress. So anything we can do to live a healthier life is certainly going to help the condition. The good news is that psoriasis can go into remission. The bad news is that it always comes back.

Keep the faith!