1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
20 chicken wings or drummlets
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup hot sauce
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

-Combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika in bowl.
-Coat chicken pieces in dry mixture. Reserve leftover mixture.
-Refrigerate coated chicken at least 1 hour.
-Coat chicken in leftover flour mixture.
-In a saucepan, heat butter, hot sauce, pepper, and garlic powder just until butter melts, then keep warm.
-Deep fry chicken, 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes.
-Drain chicken on paper towels.
-Immediately place chicken in Tupperware bowl. Pour half the hot sauce mixture over chicken (first 10 pieces). Cover and toss to coat.
-Repeat with second batch of chicken.
-Wings can be frozen and reheated in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.

NOTES : Use ranch or blue cheese dressing as a dip for these fabulous wings.

(10) VISITOR COMMENTS: "Hooters uses Frank's RED HOT" | "I've used this reciep and it is the closest to hooters as you're going to get. I have started using an egg wash on my wings before putting them in the flour. no wait time to fry them that way and it leaveas a nice coating on the wings." | "Hooters Wings worked pretty good but still did not have the thick breading that the original has. Tried another batch with more flour and dredging the wings several more times but it really did make much of a difference." | "SUPERBOWL PARTY - FANTASTIC! I used FRANK'S Original RED-HOT sauce... FANTASTIC! " | "I made these wings last weekend and passed it on to a coworker who made them also! These are the best wings ever! Very Crispy, everyone loved them! Thanks for the recipe" | "These were great! It would be nice to have variations to match the heat you want. (mild, hot, 3 mile island and bentleys)" | "This was excellent. I took my time with it, added a few "other" ingredients (Mexican seasoning, crushed red peppers, chili powder) and used Cholula for hot sauce - fantastic! Best wings recipe out there! " | "I send you my compliments on these wings.I have tried many of recipes and this is the one I am staying with my family loved them. thank you" | "I have to drive over an hour to get to my nearest Hooters! I will probably never see a Hooters restaurant again. This recipe is as good as the real thing." | "I used a mixture of 1/4 cup tabasco and 1/4 cup louisiana hoy sauce and it is the best of all that I have found."