#28   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 14:01

Plan: Doctor's Prescribed Plan
Stats: 274/169/144 Female 5' 5"
BF:60%/42%/22%
Progress: 81%
Default some things...

...are better left unsaid, you know?

The art of TACTFULLY stating one's opinion comes from trying to respond to others the way that you would want them to respond to you...and holding your tongue when you cannot do so.

Saying that depression is all in one's own mind is basically similar to saying that depression is just some sort of make-believe problem that people just need to "get over".

Most people do not appreciate being told that the problems they are struggling with are imaginary. Depression is a significant problem...and it is a problem that many MANY people deal with.

Forgive me if I sound crass, but there are certain times in life when it's best to simply remain silent rather than speaking far too hastily on a subject we know nothing about.

It makes no difference where depression comes from...all in the head...or all from my big toe...who cares? The point is that there are many brave people here in this thread who have decided to take action and DO something about the depression and anxiety in their lives.

I have a lot of passionate feelings about this subject and some of the things that have been said in this thread...and for the sake of maintaining peace I think I will just step out of the discussion for a while.