View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 13:23

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 245/218/210
BF:25/23/15
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Following your reasoning someone with more LBM requires (or more accurately, can handle) more carbs. My theory is close, but differs slightly - Someone who is more active will require more carbs because they are increasing their LBM. I scale my carbs based on my level of activity for the day

'k that makes a little more sense. So for example, tomorrow, since i'm biking to my volleyball game (1/2 hour) then playing beach volleyball (2 hours) then biking home, i could get away with a few more carbs.

Quote:
How many meals a day do you eat? I average between 180-230g or protein a day spread over 6 or 7 meals. Sometimes I use the powders, but getting protein in with poultry/beef/pork doesn't mess excessively with my carb counts. What are you eating on a daily basis that puts your carbs at 25g per meal?

I must be getting my information from the wrong sources, or else i'm doing something wrong. I'm having 3 meals a day, plus some snacks (usually a few nuts, or maybe an apple or peach)

The problem lies mostly with lunch and breakfast. I work a crazy schedule, and it's difficult for me to prepare my own lunch, so most of the time i go for a Subway roast chicken salad with double meat (almost 40 grams of protein) but with something on the order of 15 grams of carbs BEFORE the dressing. I figure with a premade dressing i'm around 20->25 easy (and the people at my subway don't understand the term "a little dressing")

I also can't really stomach large amounts of meat for breakfast (hence me going on the shakes) . In the shakes, if i put milk, berries, or peaches in there, won't i end up with some large ammount of carbs?

One last question: How long are proteins in the body for? e.g. for how long are they available as an energy and muscle building source? I know we're supposed to spread them out over the day, but is it important to have the protein before excercise?