View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 12:38

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 241/212.5/150 Female 68 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 31%
Angry

I have not personally taken Paxil.. but my husband did and gained steadily although he was seriously dieting and cycling 100-150 miles a week. Once they changed him to a different anti-depressant (wellbutrin) he stopped gaining and started losing at a phenomenal pace. I took Prozac for a year and had no weight gain. I wasn't exercising or dieting. I now take Wellbutrin and I don't see that it is making me hungrier or making me gain weight. My doctor SWEARS it can actually cause weight loss rather than gain.
I do have hypothyroidism and I really believe it is the cause of my slow weight loss. I have had to really fight my doctor to raise my thyroid meds to put me lower in the so called normal range on my tests. After agreeing, under protest, he raised my synthroid and I finally stopped gaining and am currently experiencing weight loss through low-carb eating. I follow sugar-busters WOE.

Don't hesitate to ask your doctor to change your anti-depressant meds. There are TONS of them out there and every person is different.. keep trying until you find one that fits YOUR body.

---Amy