View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 11:10

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

Dear danwoody,

This is not lilwannabe, but I just wanted to offer you some support of my own.

Finding a anti-depressant that works for you without giving you unpleasant physical side-effects can be a process of real trial and error. It is not the fault of the physician; I think it is because we all really do have some unique aspects of our brain chemistry.

Celexa is the one that works best for me, but I have had really unpleasant experiences with other drugs. I was persistent, because I knew that I needed help.

Since I am in the USA and not the UK, I won't be able to help with the particular "names" used in the UK.

Once I accidentally took a double dose of my Celexa (and since then I keep my pills in a special container so that it won't happen again) and felt like an absolute ZOMBIE. It was hideously unpleasant.

I think that what you are doing (discontinuing the Paxil) is very difficult. I know that a lot of my friends who have been on various a/ds do a slow taper, so that the shock of going off the medication does not give them the dreadful side-effects that you are having.

I think one way to go about it is to do an online search at a UK site of SSRIs and see what information you can find.

I truly believe that if you are willing to go through some trial and error and tweaking of the dosages, that you can find an a/d that has no side effects and that does not make you feel numb.

You might be like me: I take the lowest recommended dosage of my Celexa and that helps me. I still feel the entire range of human emotion, but am not so depressed that I am bed-ridden and capable of only tears.

I wish you the very best of luck; I think that being on a helpful a/d can also help some people (me, for one) to pay attention to a helpful diet and to end up taking better care of my body.

I also am very very sorry for the current hell you are going through. I KNOW that it is NOT just "in your mind" but it is a very real physiological bodily response.

Good luck to you,

Natalie