View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 15:54

Plan: protein power
Stats: 149/142/132
BF:
Progress: 41%
Talking I have broken my stall!

To make a long story short, I have followed Protein Power in maintenance now for a couple years and have kept off my original weight loss. However, I decided I would like to lose more weight last year. So, Several times I have dropped back into "phase one" of Protein Power but I could not lose a pound! I couldn't figure it out, because I lost my weight originally in Protein pwer phase one!! Protein Power allows 30 carbs a day in Phase one.

ANYHOW.... i decided to cut back to 5 to 10 carbs a day (not recomended by Protein power) and I am finally losing!!! I have lost 4 pounds! yea!!!

This is my "analysis" : Before I started the low carb life several years ago, my carb intake was very high. So the 30 carbs a day was definetly low enough to put me into ketosis and weight loss.
BUT now that I have followed maintenance for a couple years and my body has adjusted, I don't think 30 carbs is low enough (or a drastic enough cut) anymore to do it for me.

Of course, 5 to 10 carbs a day is only temporary to kick me into weight loss. Can't mantain it for too long! I am getting tired of meat and eggs! ha!
Sponsored Links