View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 15:19

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile I hope you dont mind my joining you !!

Hello Garrison and Cristian

I'm from the UK and I too have been put on a mild antidepressant approx 6 weeks ago.

I started the Atkins plan a week later and have lost 17lb so far. Although I have to say that I only take 10mg of Amitripyline on an evening to help me relax for bed. I suppose I must be lucky that I'm managing to lose weight while taking my medication.

today is my first time in this part of the forum - like you I denied that I had anything wrong with me for years and balloon to 16st 9lb through emotional eating. I was either one way or the other - I either ate loads or nothing at all - there was no in between with me.

Then something clicked with me one evening when I'd got home from work and I telephoned a private counsellor. I arranged to see her the next morning. It cost me a lot of money - but was worth it - all these thoughts and tears just came tumbling out and I could'nt stop once I'd started.

At the end of the session I went to see my doctor and told him about it. I have to say he was really good and referred me to another counsellor straight away - he also noticed how tired I was. I just could'nt seem to sleep no matter how tired I felt - all these thoughts were going around in my head all the time. That was when he prescribed this very mild antidepressant to me. I now feel refreshed and wide awake every morning and the counsellor has made me see that events in my life were not my fault, but my ex who put me on a guilt trip for everything and made me feel worthless. He's even made me begin to like myself a little more and thats a big step for me.

I really hope people dont miscall all antidepressants - mine have worked wonders and I feel so much better.

I hope both of you are getting better too and keep up with the LCing - maybe we could support each other in both of these things.

Take care and deal with one day at a time - its the best way. Feel free to email anytime.

bye