#10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 15:01

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile Are antidepressants good or bad?

Dear All

This is the first time I've been in this part of the forum and was particularly interested to read this thread.

If anyone has read my journal you'll notice I've been going through a pretty rough time of it of late. But around 6 weeks ago I realised I needed to talk to someone outside of my family and friends.

I paid privately to see a counsellor and it really helped me to see that I needed more help from my doctor. He was shocked that I had paid privately for counselling and arranged that I should see one through our national health service here in england. He also made me realise that I needed a little help medication wise. My problem was sleep - I was'nt getting any, so I was really tired all day and could'nt function properly throughout the day and little problems seemed huge.

To cut a long story short - he prescribed a very mild antidepressant that I only take before bed - this has really helped me. Its enough to relax me so that I go to sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to face the world the next morning. I suffer from no drowsiness what so ever during the day.

I too was extremley worried about the antidepressants, but with those and the help I have been getting from a counsellor - I am getting much stronger and back to being the old me.

What I want to say is this :- I really wanted to know if I needed help genuinely or was just down in the dumps. My doctor was encouraged that I had done this and then got me more help without my having to pay for it. There are all different types of people out there with different problems and on different medications. Dont please label all antidepressants same.

bye everyone