#6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 12:05
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 287/198/135
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Have you read the book?

I don't mean to sound flip or anything however this really is the easiest diet I've ever done. You ate a WHOLE JAR OF MAYO? Sorry, I'm not a big mayo fan unless it's in egg salad, or tuna salad or chicken salad (all of which you can have on Induction).

Honest, this is the easiest program of eating I've ever followed. I did weight watchers and did the whole points thing, but I had to constantly worry about how many points were in something and then the points would change sometimes...it really took a whole lot more thinking, etc., than this is taking. I eat out and I don't have the potato and that's okay, I eat wings, and never ate wings on WW because I could only have like 3 for 9 points which was almost half my allotment and who can eat THREE wings? Ahhh, but now I've been able to go from consuming a dozen when I first started to being full on six. I attribute that to never really feeling hungry. Even if I think I might be hungry, I can eat something that keeps me feeling full...macadamia nuts (I know, not allowe don Induction, but that only lasts two weeks), a tablespoon or two of peanut butter or a piece of cheese, all of which would have put me pretty close (with those three wings) to all I was allowed to eat in a day.

I've accepted that my weight loss has slowed down and it's mostly because I don't exercise right now. HOWEVER, my weight is staying steady. It wasn't a week or two after I stopped WW that I'd gained 6 pounds! I can honestly say I doubt I'll ever "quit" this way of eating, there's no reason to in my opinion.

You can do this and you'll even grow to LIKE it and then eventually you'll love it and perhaps become radical about it