View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 08:47

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

It's best, imo, to think "how do I increase my health?" and weight loss will follow.

One answer to that question is always going to be, "Make almost everything myself." You can even make mayo! In addition to having sugar in it, commercial regular mayo is made of hydrogenated soy oil, which can raise cholesterol. Health food store mayo can be found made of canola and sweetened with either nothing or sometimes fruit juice--much better and only a little bit more money per jar.

Learning all those shopping tricks takes awhile. When you don't have much to lose, you won't experience miracles losses after this first week or two...and remember there's a lot of effort involved to learn about how to live a LC lifestyle. You're right--the world out there is filled with hidden sugars! We're all in nations of addicts, aren't we?

The good news is, everything you learn will last you for a lifetime.

Agony cat has it right--eat plenty of meat and eggs you make yourself at home, eat plenty of fresh salads and steamed LC veggies like brocolli (up these quantities a LOT after induction), and you'll increase your health and balance out to your own natural, healthy weight in six months or a year.