View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 10:56

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

I came in here today to announce that I lost another pound. It's no big deal since I am mostly concerned about blood sugar rather than weight, but I also know that I MUST lost weight in order to regain my health.

Karen, I am sorry that you did not have a good experience in France. I spent a whole month there (December, 1995) and it was a good time to be a tourist. No lines in front of the Mona Lisa at all! I did not sense much hostility to Americans, but I decided that I was not going to look for it. I think that if anything, the French that I dealt with were a little amused by me because I made every effort to speak the language even with my atrocious accent.

The food was good, but that was many many years before I had heard of Low-carbing. I think that if you work carefully at it, and come prepared with a clear idea of what you want to it, that it's eminently possible to low-carb in France.

One of the most fascinating experiences of my life was spending Christmas in Lourdes! And going to Midnight Mass in Toulouse.

But I have the travel bug real bad. I am really glad that I never have really had a mentality that I travel to eat---I travel to people watch and visit the elegant old art museums and cathedrals that Europe has and that we don't have much of since we are such a younger country.

Got way off topic there...sorry.