View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 10:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

DEE

You sound so much like me. I have been struggling with this weight issue forever. It isn't easy...but it does get easier with time.

You need to recognize...this is not about willpower...and just making up your mind to stick to a WOL...THIS IS AN ADDICTION.

Just as many alcoholic or drug addicts say they will stop...but then find that they try many times before success. It is the same with us. You have a disease!

I am a compulsive overeater. I eat to stuff emotions that I don't want to feel. I have done it for many years, and my disease has progressed to the point where I didn't think I would ever be able to really get a handle on things.

I now am in therapy ( not saying you need it, but I do), I have read books from the library on compulsive overeating...OVERCOMING OVEREATING...is a good one to start with. I also have started to attend OA.

You need to stop beating yourself up over this...start looking at what you do like about yourself and build from there. I used to say...but I don't like anything about myself...but I do. I like my hair...(although you could never tell with this gawd awful pic of me). I have good skin...I don't look bad for my age...I have a pretty warped sense of humour...and I think I am a kind person...All these little things make me feel better about myself.

I hope that you can find it within yourself to find your way out of the negative thinking...because YOU ARE WORTH IT!