View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 08:32

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

Somersizing and TSP are two incompatible diets. You have to choose one or the other. One thing that is important in TSP is to NEVER eat carbs alone. This will spike your insulin. I understand that Somersizing recommends eating carbs alone on an empty stomach. This is the old principle of food combining, which has a theory of proper digestion behind it, but no real science. TSP is based on basic physiology. I also respect the opinions of an endocrinologist more than those of a bad actress and thighmaster spokeswoman. But as Deb pointed out, this is the Schwartzbein forum.

As far as being practical, I have found that TSP meals are balanced and healthy and seem like "normal" meals. My husband barely notices I'm on a controlled carb diet. A typical meal for us would be beef/chicken/fish with a grain or starchy vegetable, a non-starchy cooked vegetable and a salad - all topped with butter or olive oil and full-fat salad dressing. Since I am on maintenance I also have some fruit with heavy cream for dessert. Occasionally I even have regular ice cream.

Good luck in whichever diet you choose.

Jen