View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 12:13

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%
Default YOU CAN DO IT, GIRL!!!!!

You can totally go low carb on your holiday, ESPECIALLY since you have the support of your husband. You are SO lucky for that!
Of course, you aren't obese or anything, so if you want to go off the diet, the choice is yours. But I honestly think you are going to feel so much better about yourself if you stick with it.
You can have pizza, just eat the toppings and leave the crust behind If you totally HAVE to have some dessert, how about just a BITE of someone else's? I don't know, it's just a suggestion. You're doing so well already, and you are just so fortunate to have a supportive husband. If you go off the diet, you might actually be a bad influence on him as well. Instead, I think you should both lean on eachother, motivate eachother
I've been on the Atkins plan for a week. I have no cravings anymore. The first few days I was eating a few artifically-sweetened things, and I found that it was making me want more sugar and carbs. Once I cut out the fake sweeteners, my cravings stopped completely.
If you feel the need to indulge, try a bite or two. I've heard of people ordering a dessert, having a bite or two, and then pouring salt all over it, so they aren't tempted to eat any more of it. I know that works as well.
But, you know yourself better than anyone. The choice is always yours, but the reason you posted on here is because you want some support. If you REALLY wanted to quit, would you have posted here? I don't think so.
You are going to feel so much better about yourself if you can stick with it, you just have to decide if you really are committed to losing weight. That's pretty much what it comes down to. If you're happy with yourself the way you are, then do what you want. But remember what Star says:
"If you keep doing the same things you;ve always done, you're always going to get the same things you've always gotten." (or something to that effect)
Good luck whatever you decide, but I think you can do it!!!!!!!!
Three cheers for willpower on vacation!!!!