View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 07:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Hello & Welcome!

I'm so happy that you've found the forum and the Triple Digits Club, JC!

I also vivdly remember how I felt when I started Atkins in January. I was scared, ashamed, exhausted...but things are so much better now!

I also live with someone who can eat all kinds of food with no weight gain. I hope in my next life I will be one of those people! But until then, I have to limit my carbs and sugar.

Preparing meals that we can share has not been a problem for us becasue we both really enjoy meat. So there's always at least once common denominator--MEAT! Add to that a salad with fresh veggies (as much as you're allowed for the first 2 weeks) and other forms of veggie side dishes and before you know it you're sharing (and enjoying) meals that are healthy for both you and your family.

I strongly encourage you to read the latest edition of the Atkins book, and also to check out other LC programs until you find the one that's just right for you. And don't forget the recipes section of the forum for inspiration.

Please be sure to make the forum an essential element in your program as well. There are lots of other people here who have so much support and experience to share. Can you tell I like it here?

Good luck and good health!

Donald