View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 23:20

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

Greetings, Cherylco, and welcome to this lovely and helpful forum,

I grew up in New Haven, Connecticut. I really miss it. Moved to Ohio 17 years ago for a job opportunity. I don't get back to New Haven very often since nobody in my family lives in CT now.

It sounds like you have had a rough life and that you have gone through your difficulties with much grace. I admire you!

I am a Type II Diabetic; I encourage you to keep up with Sugar Busters. While I cannot say whether or not for an absolute positive fact my sugar addiction caused my diabetes, I am really almost 100% certain; especially since I had no family history.

I am so sorry about your strokes. That just seems so unfair for one as young as you are. I hope that you are taking something like warfarin (Coumadin) or at least aspirin. Both my husband and my mother have had strokes so I am an expert second-hand. The thing to remember is that the brain has a marvelous capacity to regenerate new growth and to relearn anything that might have been lost.

I hope that you find this forum as friendly and helpful and informative as I have!

Natalie