View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 19:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/185/145
BF:
Progress: 67%

I just want to pass on a little story about my vacation experience with atkins diet.

we were eating out with a bunch of friends. i had shrimp cocktail for starters, french onion soup without the croutons, a great salad, a wonderful broiled stuffed filet of sole, yes, a bit of breading in there, and steamed broccoli. the rest were stuffing themselves with rolls and alcoholic drinks, and when their entrees came, they were almost too full to enjoy the real food. they became aware all of a sudden, and my husband said, "bevie, you are on a diet and you're eating more than any of the rest of us." which, if he was referring to good food, was correct, but in another way, way wrong. yes, i was eating FAT. lot's of butter with the fish and veggies. and so yummy. and i came home from vacation 5 pounds thinner and on top of the world.

and yes, people will relish putting you down for choosing such wonderful, delicious food. but you know eating this way works. if you remember to choose your favorite low carb foods, you'll be satisfied and accomplish your goals at the same time.