View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 07:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%
Unhappy

Yeah I really don't like living in Vancouver....If I had a choice this would not of been the place I would of come to live. I guess it's just that I miss California so much ya know, & more so miss my niece & nephew growing up. I haven't seen them in about a year. They are so young & do not remember me anymore it is sad & it makes me feel so bad for moving away. I miss working, I miss having medical insurance, I miss a lot more things but if I go on & on I am going to get more depressed. Ya know I have applied for a few jobs up here but when they find out that I am american and that they would have to write a letter in my behalf they say I'm sorry.. And the medical Insurance, I can not get B.C. Medical until after all of my landed immigrant paperwork has been filed & has been 3 month. Which my husband keeps saying he is going to take care of it...going to get doing to get done...I am on my second Visa now & guess what? Still not filed! But it is weird because if I would of come to this county & claimed applied for welfare right off the bat...they would of paid for all my paperwork & I would already be a Canada Citizen & I would have had medical insurance a LONG time ago. Crazy huh? I see it all the time because my husband is a resident manager in a downtown Eastside, I would say in one of the nicer kept 'hotels', & I get to meet the people that do that all the time. I pay $300 a month for meds. When I Called for a private insurance they said that I need B.C. insurance first...I don't understand. Than there was this insurance that said they would insure American citizen here in Canada..So I called, they will not cover any of my medication & all doctor visits/ hospital up to $2,500 is all up to me to pay, then they start paying after that. I've only been to see a psychologist really once since I was up here. It was $200 for the one visit. I used to go to my Psych. once a week when I lived in California. Something that is need when you are on the type of meds I am on. But who can afford $800 a month? Not me. Or even going twice a month....$400...Nope wouldn't even be able to do that. Ya know to the truth We couldn't even afford the extra $200 a month on top of all the other bills. My car payment is still in U.S. Dollars so it ends up being $500 CAD, car insurance is more expensive because it is a U.S. car, I have two pets that eat all fresh fruit, veggies & a special blended mixture. I have a bad habit...I smoke..Which your government now charges $6.65 a pack, There is something seriously wrong with a government that doesn't know when to stop taxing!!! When I moved up here my husband had a leased Jeep so when I moved up w/ my car, & the bills went up he went back to the dealer & turned it in. We are still paying that off for breaking the lease. I put it on a credit card. I went through a real manic(a high, being bipolar I get really high highs & really low lows when my meds are not working) attack one day & bought over $1,500 U.S. worth of clothing on credit card(all of which is pretty much paid off, just have about $400CAD left). Pretty bad considering I am losing weight. I feel bad when I spend money because I don't make money anymore.. Never had that problem I worked since I was 14. Didnt have to my family is well off but there was this bakery that hired me at 14 & I leared alot. I have never had to worry about money....Now that is ALL I worry about.
Sometimes I feel like Moving up here is the worth thing that ever happen to me....I was so independent before I came to Canada......Now I don't even go out side w/ out Byron there with me. I haven't driven my own car since the day I got to Canada. Some days I feel like I have lost everything I have ever believed in. I am not the same person that left California a little over a year ago. It is as though that person is gone..or just very very deeply hidden. I am not saying that I regret getting marred, I am not saying that. I love my husband. I just don't love my life up here.
Im sorry I am going on & on..Just a few of those sore subjects.. & also I Have been up for the last 2 hours tossing & turning because I have the worst pain in my shoulder that had moved all mover my arm. It feels like mussel aches but I haven't done anything to cause it. It really does hurt so bad. It took advil, which I don't do very often & it didn't help so then I took a prescription pain pill I have. Which seems to be working but has totally upset my stomach. But I remember it always doing that. It is a really strong pain medication so I am afraid that when it wears off the pain will still be there.......it is only masking it for now... *sigh*
It just feels like one of those days I should go crawl under a rock....I always get like this around Holidays. Even Small ones.

About the Quilt show..I just love quilts. I used to make them my mom taught me when I was very young.. I always want to make them again but just never get motivated anymore. I have a small (twin size)quilt that my mom made for a raffle a few year back my aunt actually won it..Not surprised she bought around 100 tickets, anyways she gave me the quilt because she said that it should stay in the family.

No I don't have any exercise tapes, but I was actually thinking about the other day but don't have the room to do it anywhere. Meaning No space, Literally, Not trying to make excuses either. I wish I had a nice big place with lots of room, but instead we are living where my husband working, he is the resident manager. Just a 2 room area Off the office. Horrible if you ask me. But what can I do? We has an apartment when I first moved up here but with all my bills(car, meds, etc...) couldn't afford it. That is when I tired to get a job. I worked with one company for 4.5 year, Traveled to their different stores. Opened their chicago Store..& I can't get a job.

Candice