View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 05:53

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I have read articles recently on a study that persons with lower incomes generally have a poor diet and/or are more likely to be overweight. This does not mean everyone of course. I would guess that not being able to afford the better brands of foods that have less additives and fillers would be one reason that poor people tend to be heavier according to what I read. And, for the record, I grew up poor too

The cheaper brands of foods have all kinds of things in them: for instance, I was comparing two brands of chicken broth, the store brand turned out to contain potato starch and said zero carbs, the brand name did not have any starches at all. So I paid one dollar more per can for the better brand. Not everyone can do that though. Also, just about everything in the grocery store has sugar in it.

Why am I so obese? (And you probably have PO'd some people with this post you know) Let's see...where to start...beer, beer, birth control, genetics, beer, and lack of exercise were my downfall.