View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 02:29

Plan: Lyle McDonald
Stats: 220/202/203
BF:18% / 5% / 5%
Progress: 106%
Default How did you become SO obese?

first of all, this posting is not intended to flame anybody nor to make fun about anyones weight problems.

i really am curious to know how it could happen that you end up 300+ lbs as a male or 200+ as a female.

surely genetics may play a role but i think here in germany there are also lots of people with bad genetics, borderline-diabetes, hypothyrodism and so on but it is absolutely rare to see men or women being 40 or 45% or even more BF.

yes, there are lots of obese people here too, but not THAT obese, do you understand what i mean?

whenever i watch something on tv about the us, say a report from new york and they just show a street and some pedestrians there are SEVERAL poor guys or girls among them who look like 50% bf+ - does it have to do with bad nutritional education in the childhood ? or the constant availability of sugar-foods (well, its virtually the same here in europe, we`ve got mc d, burgwer king, pizza hut, smarties, pop tarts ..., too, so i dont think thats the point)

again, i do not want to blame anybody for being obese, i really am curious about the reason for what i described above.

thanks a lot for your honest answers.
Sponsored Links