#6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 00:10

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Greetings!

Allyoop-

You say you don't know why you posted this here...I do. You did it b/c you need some help. Some support...and that's what we are here for!!!

No, it's not a piece of cake to LC and yes, we do get the "naysayers"!!! BUT!!!! If you think about what you ARE allowed to eat and STILL lose weight compared to what you CAN NOT eat and barely lose weight on the LOW FAT plans...I think you will appreciate LC more.

I noticed you have only been on the plan one month...I'm guessing that you have not been COMPLETELY faithful to the diet, right??? Yet you STILL lost around 9 pounds? And you only have about 16 more to go??? YOU CAN DO IT!!! You are already on your way to feeling and looking better!!!

You are just feeling scared and anxious about your trip. Let me be the first to tell you that 1. It is easier than you think to eat LC foods anytime, anywhere...there are always YUMMY choices! You can eat whatever meat with sauces and veggies but skip the rice, potatoes, bread or pastas. Or order one of the HUGE specialty salads 2. Even if that doesn't work for you, you can try to just cut back SIGNIFICANTLY, so maybe just eat half of a pasta dish and skip the bread. Just make sure you also eat a huge salad and some cheese or something high fat beforehand to curb your appetite. OR 3. Write this off as a planned cheat and once you get back from your vacation, start again at induction level!!!

My point is this- one vacation should not spell the end of the road for your weight loss goals!!! I'm guessing you started this plan for a reason AND you were serious enough about it to find this support forum!!! YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!! DO IT!!

As far as your family and friends go...I would just say arm yourself with as much knowledge as you can about this way of eating. Here are some things that I say...I don't know how much of this you are using in your plan but these are definitely some benefits that I have found--

1. I'm eating WAAAAAYYY more veggies than I have ever eating and a wider variety

2. I'm taking vitamins regularly

3. I eat lots of Flax which is known to lower cholesterol and also helps keep me regular

4. I drink WAAAAAYYYYYYYY more water than I EVER have before

5. I'm eating more healthy meats like fish

6. How can it not be healthy to cut out refined sugars and white flour??

7. There are more and more studies that show that carbs are bad for your health (for your own knowledge you can look these articles up on this website)

8. I'm eating well and STILL losing weight!

Allyoop, stay strong. I know it's hard at times but you can do this.

Peace,

Star