#5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 22:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins HIGHLY Modified
Stats: 247/195/135
BF:
Progress: 46%

Allyoop;
Actually we aren't eliminating foods from our diet. We are reversing the unhealthy, downright poisonous, and addictive foods that high technology has introduced into our diet since the Industrial revolution.

Ask your family just how sane it is to eat a diet used to fatten livestock for slaughter? We are still mammals after all and we will react in a similar manner, at least medical modeling is fashioned after that belief.

I'm sorry in a way you are going on vacation now. You aren't even one month into this and you won't feel the effects really well yet, and you haven't built up the habit nor have you kicked the insulin problem especially if you may have used aspartame or other artifical sweeteners that keep the sweet tooth alive.

It would have been better to have started Atkins after you returned because if you stop now it will be harder to lose next time. How hard? That's difficult to say, but each time we go through a change in patterns our body learns a new schema and therefore doesn't react as readily. Further if you stop now you won't see the benefits. I didn't feel much different at 1 month in. But now my life is 180 degrees out from where I was. My energy is up but more importantly I have a house stocked with cookies and chocolate and all kinds of 'stuff' that my hubby just loves and I don't even THINK about it!!! I no longer have that horrid NEED/CRAVE junkie attitude toward food. It's like a switch was thrown somewhere around the 3-4th month. You can see the shift in my attitude in my journal.

I now eat to live instead of living to eat. I hope you can find your way. Good luck and have a nice vacation. Remember you can enjoy it without imbibing poison, and if you react to the processed foods with an insulin swing then that type of food IS poison to you.
Jo