#44   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 22:00

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 208/200/160
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default canada day

hi mel,
i had a great day. i went for coffee with my friend claire, then i kept my other friend ruth company while she drove he son to camp trillium (special camp for cancer patients and their siblings) he's a councellor in training. his older brother is a survivor. had leukemia at 5.... he's now 23. he's a walking miracle.
then i went to the park with claire and her family for a picnic and to watch the fireworks. it was beautiful.
my daughter jess had cleaned my kitchen for me while i was out. i didn't even ask her to. what a sweetheart she can be.
as for emotional reasons for eating.....i have tons of reasons. sexual abuse as a child, moving all the time (no stability or roots), rape, jilted at the alter, alcoholism, married to emotional abuser and controll freak for 25 years. not to mention low self esteme from learning disabilities. although i've worked through a lot of these things, i still think a large reason for eating is addiction to carbs. i believe the addictive nature comes from feeling out of control. i know that sounds simplistic but having worked through a lot of emotional problems, i honestly believe addictions, although partly hereditary, get trigger by emotional trauma. its a form of escape from the trauma. i could be wrong but so far the theory seems to make sense for my life.
i am very happy now. i have wonderful friend, family, community, home etc.
now i'm getting a handle on my carb addiction. if i stay away from carbs, like i stay away from alcohol, i can control my addiction. carbs are poison....alcohol is poison....to me.
so much for the story of my life. now i'm praying for the grace and mercy of God to give me another 52 years to do it right!!!
i'm tired tonight.
enjoy your time off from your kids. and don't worry if their having a good time or not. you have a good time. don't ruin your time off by worrying and fretting and feeling guilty because you are happy to have a break.
parents deserve time off. we make enormous sacrifices for our kids and can not afford to burn out.
i'm off to bed

goodnight,
jane
ps. i love having you girls as friends. thanks.