View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 11:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Kent,

How long did you stay on Induction? Could you exercise on Induction for a long period of time without getting too tired? I am also 'older' (51), and have very long stalls with little or no weight loss. I recently went back and re-read New Diet Revolution's metabolic resistance chapters and lowering carbs was one of the suggetions, along with lowering calories and/or fat.

I also have a very slow metabolism and wonder if I really do need to lower my calories to about 1500 per day (I've been eating about 2,000 per day). Most 'normal' people do need at least 10 to 12 times their body weight, but if my metabolism is so slow even with my exercise -- I do 30 mins. of cardio exercise 5 to 7 days per week and weight lifting 3 days per week -- maybe my body can maintain itself on less calories.

I have lost a lot of inches, but I've been doing Low Carb for over a year now and I've only lost 25 pounds total in a year. I have been stalled at the same weight now for months. Any ideas about what I can try? I would really appreciate any ideas you might have.

Thanks -- Peg