View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 09:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

Hi Vicki,

I suggest you stay in induction and keep your carbs low to continue on your successful weight loss trend. I realize this is not according to Dr. Atkins' book. Eventually the body will adjust and stop dumping ketones in the urine. At that point the ketostrips will be a light color only and the breath will return to normal. Don't be concerned. You can still continue to lose weight. Increasing carbs can put you into a stall that could be difficult to break. Younger people can add in a few carb and continue with weight loss but older people are more likely to stall.

You also have a stall or plateau in the future. Don't panic when the weight loss stops. Continue on your successful plan and the weight loss will begin again. Weight loss will become more difficult as the body adjusts and your metabolism slows. A slower metabolism is great from a health aspect and necessary for a antiaging lifestyle. Don't believe the suggestions by some to increase your carbs and/or calories to boost the metabolism. I could never get that theory to work and started to regain weight every time I tried it.

I have returned to hard induction for the past four months to reach my final goal, and I am continuing in the expectation of going down another five pounds. Personally, I believe that continuous induction with reduced calories is the key to an antiaging diet. This has been proven in animal studies many times. Be sure you get all the required nutrients by supplementing with vitamins, minerals and essential oils as recommended by Dr. Atkins.

The negative kidney comment is a myth. Browse Dr. Atkins' web site using the search feature and check out the "Science Behind Atkins" section.

http://atkinscenter.com/dev/index.html

Good luck,

Kent