#10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 08:35
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 218/198.75/130
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi Carol,
I've heard that about Preparation H too! They say it stings, but it really works to diminish wrinkles. I'm not into pain though, so I think I'll pass on that one.

But your mayonaise masque does sound very soothing and nice. I may try that soon. It certainly would be a lot cheaper than my lotions and masques!

I used to whip up the white of an egg until it was the consistancy of merangue (sp?), and then leave it on my face until it dried. It took about 20 minutes to dry, but my face was always in perfect condition when I'd wash it off-- no dry spots, no oily spots, and the pores would disappear. I haven't tried that one in a long time though-- I'm not sure if it would work on wrinkles. It was great for my combo oily/dry skin though.

When I was a teenager I heard someone say that mayonaise and olive oil are excellent for making long hair really shiny. You were supposed to lather a little mayo or oil into the ends of your hair, wrap your head in a towel, and sleep on it over night. Then you were supposed to wash it out in the morning. The problem was, I started going overboard on the oil and mayo. After a few times I couldn't get the stuff all the way out of my hair! I ended my quest for shiny hair when someone mentioned that I smelled like a Caesar salad.

Little did I know I should have been *eating* the mayo-- not sleeping on it! My hair would have been much shinier!

Mae West
"Too much of a good thing can be terrific!" The other Mae West