View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 00:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/150/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Headache

Thanks Rosebud and Aks for the encouraging news ! I am still off of the HRT (for three days now) and haven't had any hot flashes - however, should they return - it's good to know I can simply go back to them. I have a concern, which I don't fully understand... I had a headache all day today, after four days of the diet. It pretty much took my appetite away in itself, but my partner suggested it may be due to a change of body chemistry and suggested I try eating carbs to see if it went away. Well, after a few slices of pizza it was still there and in desperation I ate a Joe Louis (a chocolate, cream filled cake) and the headache disappeared shortly afterward ! It seems the headache was due to a lack of sugar ! Could I be hypoglycemic ? Ordinarily I don't eat much sugar, but on the diet it has been zero grams and the small amount of carbs I have been allowing have been from veg. alone. Any ideas ? After the headache disappeared I returned to the diet, and now I am waiting to see if it recurs. I don't know if heachaches are a common affect or if they eventually disappear, has anyone else experienced this? Thanks again.