View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 14:16

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Marie,
For potassium I take 300 -400 mg a day (6 to 8 50mg pills). There's very little danger of taking too much, extra is flushed out when you go to the loo. If you have medical conditions, talk to your doc first. Potassium is a form of salt, so if you have conditions that are salt restricted you'll need to check with your doc first.

Aspertame is the bad chemical sweetner. Splenda is made from sugar and is more natural without the bas side effects. If you use splenda, b e careful.. the bulk kind that you can replace cup for cup in baking h as less sweetness in it thatn the little packs you tear open and put in your coffee or tea. The little packs have more carbs in them.

Stevia is also a natural sweetner made from some kind of a plant. It's a liquid. I've seen it in h ealth food stores, the Bulk Barn and in some groceries where the sugar is.

Good luck. Happy eating. You're gonna love this once you get settled into it. (My signature used to be "Anything I can stick with more than one day in a row is a good thing". I'm still here 9 months later and loving every meal and 4 dress sizes smaller.)