View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 13:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/219/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Melanie,

I know what you mean about the weather, rainy days make me very sluggish. I could sleep them away with no problem at all. When I'm tired I have a harder time resisting temptation.

I know I shouldn't but I think I would have a cup of coffee to help wake me up and find something [craft perhaps] to keep my hands busy. Listening to my fav cd would distract my mind, and could be done while my hands were busy. If all else failed a little exercise is always a last resort..lol I told you I'm a couch potato.
[but I do love weight training] A ride to the nearest department store for a walk indoors maybe?

Other distractions:

1] Curl up in bed with a good book

2] Write a short story for your children about someone overcoming a desire to do something they shouldn't

3] Pull out skinny clothes and see how many of them are almost within the realm of reality if you stick to your guns

4] Pull out pics of a skinnier time and compare them to your heaviest

5] Pray

6] Go out to your work shop and organize your stuff

7] Search the net for Haseldon inspiration stuff [this is a company who publishes books for OA and other 12 step groups] I'm sure there are more names but this is the only one I'm familiar with.

8] Take a long bath w/candles...the whole 9 yards, and give yourself a facial and paint every nail in site...lol

9] If you have dogs, give them baths [if you are like me they need it anyway...lol]

10] And throughout your whole day know that your friends here are thinking about you and sending you well wishes.

((((((((((((((((Melanie))))))))))))))))))
In case you don't know that is a cyber hug. The best thing about a cyber hug is that you get it over and over, every time you look at it!!

Good luck Melanie. I know you can do it, now just prove it to yourself!!!!

Later,

Renee'