View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 11:59

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%
Default thanks-fruits and potassium

That's ok, I have refused all the fruit that has been offered to me during my cravings. I did have one of those diabetic chocolate bars though. It had a LOT of fat in it, and only 3 grams of carbs. That was 2 days ago when I was really going nuts. I know that's not really allowed during induction, it wasn't very sweet at all though. ANyway...I'm staying away from sugar and fake sugar as well. No point in getting myself addicted to nutrasweet or splenda to replace the sugar addiction, right? Once in awhile is ok (after induction) but not every day, those chemical sweeteners are quite bad for you I've heard. And they give me a tummy ache.
I still need to pick up some potassium. I'll add it to my shopping list right now....how much potassium do I need in a day? I'm already geting 25 mg from my super multi vitamin. I take Jamieson Mega Vim, level 4 potency (it's the highest you can get). Any comments? Thanks so much for all of your help. I'm sure all of your great responses will help other newbies too thanks!
P.S.
The cravings are gone...for now. We'll see how long I can keep this up, lol. Good luck to you, watermelon person Think of all the yummy fish you can fry up and eat (if you catch any) on your camping trip! You're going to be having too much fun to think about sugar anyway, right? HUGS!