View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-02, 14:06

Plan: restarting Protein Power
Stats: 185/?/147
BF:
Progress: 63%

Not sure what to make of this ..... from http://milwaukee.bizjournals.com/mi...06/tidbits.html

Quote:
Not much lighter than Lite

Touted as a high-protein, low-carbohydrate beer, Michelob Ultra, a product of Anheuser-Busch Cos., St. Louis, is expected to hit select markets this summer and be rolled out nationwide by fall.

But the beer has nearly the same carbohydrate level as Miller Lite, which has the fewest carbs of any of the major light beers. Both Michelob Ultra and Miller Lite contain 96 calories in a 12-ounce serving.

Michelob Ultra is being test-marketed in Denver; Tucson, Ariz.; and Fort Myers, Fla. It has 2.9 grams of carbohydrates in a 12-ounce bottle, compared with 11.7 grams for regular Michelob beer.

Miller Lite has 3.2 grams of carbohydrates, Coors Light has 4.4 grams and Bud Light, the top-selling beer in the United States, has 6.6 grams.

"This is the first brand I've seen where there was excitement before it came out," Burt Nehmer, of Golden Eagle Distributors Inc. in Tucson, was quoted as saying in the St. Louis Business Journal.

Miller has not specifically advertised the fact that Miller Lite has 3.2 grams of carbohydrates.

Nehmer said he doesn't understand why Miller hasn't marketed the low-carbohydrate content of Miller Lite.

"I think it's a mistake on their part," Nehmer said.

-- Rich Rovito

Hmmm - so low carb beers already exist then anyway? Cool - I'm off to the pub!