Old Fri, Jun-28-02, 07:06
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 155/151/125
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Introduction (finally!!!!!)

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking here for a long, long time. I couldn't get in when I first registered and I haven't had time since. My name is Joan (cecile is my middle name) and I am 50 years old and the mother of one adopted daughter, Ellie, who is 9. All my life I have had a small weight problem but to me it was big because I hated myself. During high school everone was skinny and I wasn't. I became a flight attendant and was on weight check for 5 years!!! Talk about humiliating. Then I discovered running and for several years I was OK. Women my age started gaining from babies and I didn't so they all caught up to me. I was pretty OK with myself until three years ago. I got breast cancer and the chemo treatment and subsequent tamoxifen put 20 pounds on me. Also, the chemo sent me through menopause in one month. I have tried everything to lose just 10 of those pounds and nothing has worked. I play hard tennis 3 - 4 times a weeks and work out with weights when I have time (which isn't often). I have known for a long time that I should get off sugar but it has been impossible. I have read every low carb book out there and could never last more than a day without sugar. I have read several journals (Nat, Marlaine(sp?), Homegirl, Not). I feel like I know you all. Anyway, Monday it finally clicked and I used everything you all have offered in the way of advice. So, TODAY IS DAY 5 OF NO SUGAR!!!!! I have been following Atkins induction but I think I will move to Protein Plan. I really want to eat healthy more than anything. I know the tamoxifen will make it hard for me to lose but Dr. Susan Love, author of the Breast Book told me that low carb might work for me. So, I am off on the adventure. I started using fitday and I will start a journal Monday. So, it is nice to finally "meet" you all. Joan
Sponsored Links