View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-27-02, 23:45
Pending Member

Plan: mix
Stats: 120/120/110
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default WOW! L-Glutamine - is this for real?!

I have been working out a lot (mainly volleyball and recently added the Firm). Well, I get sore the next day. A lot. It seems like the soreness increased over the years, and sometimes, I would have to take advil just so I could sleep through the night. I just assumed I was just getting old (I am 43 now) and there was no way around it.

I have been coming to this board a lot and recently read about L-Glutamine for muscle recovery, so I bought a bottle of it (powder from Jarrow) last night, worked out, and took 6 gram of it before going to bed. You know what? My body didn't hurt as much through the night, so I took another 6gram when I got up this morning, and I didn't hurt at all until about noon. I just couldn't believe it!!

Is L-Glutamine supposed to start working right away like that?! I mean, with some things, it takes days, sometimes weeks to start working. Am I getting some kind of placebo effect here?

I sometimes get sore all over for no reason even when I don't exercies (it's a cyclic thing), but now, I think I'd try L-Glutamine when that time comes.

If this is not some freaky placebo thing, this supplement is AMAZING!!!!!!

Tomo
Sponsored Links