View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 21:54

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 208/200/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

hi girls,
you probably won't see this til morning but i'll write anyway. then it's off to bed for me too.
i want to encourage you and your mom, melanie. my good friend, marj, had a double masectomy 13 years ago and has not had a recurrence of the cancer.
she did have to have chemo but she too was a very blessed woman.
my mother passed away 7 years ago....it seems such a short time ago. my sisters and i took mom out to lunch and shopping every 2 weeks for the last 2 years of her life. we had so much fun and laughed so much together. i am so thankful for the times we had together. they were precious.
last year we lost dad. before he passed on, our whole family took him to europe to see paris, scotland ( his mother was born there and we looked up her stats at the archives in edinburough and also looked up some cousins) and we had a party for him at the RAF club in london with the remainder of his squadron from the 2nd world war. i can't tell you what a wonderful time we all had. my cousin from germany met us in paris and we had a family reunion, sort of. 10 of us went and even though we are still paying it off, i wouldn't trade a lifetime of financial security for one day of our trip.
every day you have with your loved ones is a precious jewel. we have our memories forever.
i wrote a journal of our trip and plan to make it into a book for the family for christmas this year. (don't tell ha ha)
gerry, the fellow (mentally challenged senior citizen) i take care of, is coming to stay with me tomorrow and so i must get his bed ready and prepare for him. we have great fun, together.
so it's off to bed for me so that i can get up early and go to the gym and prepare for ger.
good night, good morning, and God bless!

your bud,
jane