#11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 16:32

Plan: general
Stats: 279/242/160
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka

Dryad, this is pretty common actually. If the calorie deficit between what comes in and what goes out is too great it creates stress, and a stressed body holds onto fat and water. I experienced the same thing. I have to stop lifting weights and doing cardio to lose scale weight.

Wow! That's really good to know. Everyone else has been telling my I just didn't work out enough. Hey, at least it's better than saying it's all in my head. So would that also explain how I'm losing so slowly, despite burning more cals than I eat? (according to fitday)

Quote:

I realize that right now eating more is a problem for you. Our bodies do adapt though. If you start eating more, more frequent smaller meals your body will adapt to this - it will get hungry again. As long as you make wise choices this is a good thing.

I was very hungrier sooner than I thought I would be, considering what I ate.

Quote:

BTW, moderate intensity exercise, such as walking, wont have the same negative fat loss consequences for you. A good walk after a meal will further increase metabolism (and might even make you hungrier later )

Nat

Well, I live in a city, and I hate walking in cities. There's a beach boulevard about 5 min from our apartment, but I don't like walking there, either. I mean, I honestly am used to people staring at me, but for whatever reason, the people at the beach drive me to distraction. Then again, if I had someone to walk with, maybe things would be different. Anyway, give me a mountain to climb or a trail to follow and I'm a happy camper.

Dryad