Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 10:15
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%
Post TKD help...

Quote:
Since you have been following a TKD, can you tell me, are you super strict except immediately before or after a workout? What kind of carb plan do you follow and what have the results been for you?

-I follow the TKD in a very strict manner. The only time I ingest carbohydrates is specifically before training (5 rolls of 'Sweet Tarts'). Other than that- my diet looks similiar to that of the 'Atkins Diet' or any other SKD (Standard Ketogenic Diet). The results so far have been promising ...however, I do not notice an increase in muscle mass nor do I expect it. If you want to see what I eat in a typical day- head on over to the '$ for Zeus' thread and check it out for yourself.

Quote:
I've seen good results in muscle growth with my TKD but unfortunately minimal fat loss. Maybe CKD is the way to go? But then I generally consume small amounts of carbs throughout the whole day, with a concentration before the workout, rather than zero carbs all day, and a concentration before the workout.

-The minimal fat-loss is due to the fact you consume small amounts of carbohydrates throughout the day. I would atleast give the TKD a fair try before you say you're not getting productive results in terms of fat-loss. You need to cut out all carbohydrates and only ingest them before working out. Also, if you're more concerned with building muscle than losing fat- you shouldn't be following any type of ketogenic diet. It may be possible to put on a few pounds of muscle mass while on a CKD/TKD...but it is very unlikely. The purpose of these diets is to maintain muscle mass (not increase it) while stripping away body-fat.